SANDAL MAKING KIT
SANDAL MAKING KIT
Finally, a sandal-making-kit !!
I've made sure it has everything you need to make a pair of leather sandals: tools, materials, and instructions. Some of these things can be tricky to source or to buy in small quantities so its been a dream of mine to assemble a kit for the sandal-curious to use!
- Heavy 9/10oz. soling leather (enough for women's sizes 6-12)
- 4/5oz. weight leather for upper straps (approx 13" x 20")
- Vibram foam-rubber outsoles (enough for women's sizes 6-12)
- Round leather laces (about 62")
- 2 "Sam Brown" screw-back studs w instructions
- Leather hole punch
- Scratch Awl
- Olfa brand utility knife w blade (refillable)
- Shoe glue & brush
- Instruction booklet by me
- free link to 1-hr instructional Skillshare video by me
- 3 pages of patterns to use as starting-points
Does not include: Pen or pencil (no ballpoint, it'll run!), Paper (for making variations on patterns), Scissors (for cutting paper- any will do but nice fabric scissors are best), Tape (i like woodworking tape to secure the straps while adjusting fit, scotch tape works well too)
Also does not include: An electric table-sander to smooth the edges of the finished sandals. This can be ok because A) it IS possible to get a smooth edge by just using the sharp knife blade-- if that dosnt go as well as youd like, then B) bring your sandals to a local cobbler and ask to have the edges cleaned up. this may cost zero to $10 and will establish a nice bond between you and your cobbler. lastly, C) buy (or borrow) a table-sander for approx $100 and make sandals forever!
++ available in natural color or in dark brown/black ++
++a pop up window will ask you for the approximate size shoe you'll be making so i can make sure theres enough material for you++
++now available in 'LARGER SIZES': ladies 12+ and mens sizes! just buy the larger size kit and specify Your size in the notes section ;-)